Your home can get more natural light, have a more appealing exterior, and have better ventilation with the addition of skylights. However, there are some things to consider before jumping in feet first. Our team at Chief Roofing can assess where skylights work best in your home and answer any questions you have about skylights in general.
Here are a few key things we assess before installing skylights:
- Roof Position and Orientation: To decide where skylights would work best, we consider the orientation of your roof. Essentially, we consider the sun’s path throughout the day and year to optimize natural light while preventing overheating.
- Roof Pitch: Your roof’s pitch may have an impact on the location and functionality of skylights. To ensure proper installation and water drainage, skylights with specially designed frames may be necessary for steeper roofs.
- Energy Effectiveness: We offer energy-efficient skylights with features like insulated frames, low-emissivity coatings, and double or triple glazing. This aids in limiting the transfer of heat and halting energy loss.
- Moisture Control: To prevent leaks and water damage, we follow proper installation and sealing techniques. This gives you peace of mind and ensures your home is protected.
- Skylight Costs: The cost of installing a skylight can vary depending on its size, type, and features. We offer a variety of skylights so that you can choose what fits your needs and budget.
If you want to add more natural light to your home or if you’re curious about the condition of skylights that are already installed, contact our team today.